How to prepare baby formula and the best way to store itComments Off on How to prepare baby formula and the best way to store it
When you start giving baby formula to your baby, it is important that you know how to prepare baby formula and the best way to store it. Not only is it practical to know how to prepare and store baby formula, but it is also important for your baby’s safety. After all, you don’t want to give something to your baby that has not been prepared properly or that is no longer good. Therefore, we have listed the most important tips for making Holle baby formula and how to store it.
1. Always wash your hands thoroughly when you start preparing formulas.
2. In addition, it is important that you use clean water and rinse the bottle and teat well before putting formula back in.
3. Boil fresh water and let it cool to the right temperature. Use a thermometer for this because it is really important that the temperature is right. Of course, you don’t want your baby to burn his or her mouth. You can also use a bottle warmer to warm the bottle.
4. Add the correct amount of powder to the water. You can read the correct amount from the package.
5. Shake the bottle well to make sure the powder is completely dissolved. If it remains very lumpy, half of the formula will be lost.
And that’s it, you can give the bottle to your baby! Baby formula has a limited shelf life, especially if it has already been prepared. To make sure you don’t give bottle formulas that’s no longer good, you need to stick to this.
1. If you made too much formula, you can still give it to your baby after an hour. After that, it is no longer usable. It is therefore advisable to make too little baby formula rather than too much. If you have too little, you can make more in no time.
2. If you did make way too much, you can still use the remaining formula, provided you put it in the refrigerator. You can then keep it for up to 24 hours. After that, unfortunately, you have to throw it away.
3. Store unopened cans or bags in a cool, dry place. For example, consider a pantry or basement.
4. If you have opened a can, you can use it for another month before it passes its expiration date.
Before you get started with baby formula, of course you need to get it first. Take a look at https://www.dutchbabyshop.com/ and order your baby formula for your baby.